Tuesday 11 January 2011

baby rice

Nora's second feeding of solids (plain rice) she wanted to feed herself!

I tried and wanted to hold out with feeding Nora solids until she was 6 months but it wasn't happening... at around Noras 5 month Birthday I was SORE from feeding every 2.5 hours and TIRED from her not sleeping through the night anymore.. one night in the wee early hours I had enough and cooked her up some ground rice with her usual milk and a little bit of butter.. she wolved it down and was sound asleep within 5min of finishing her first 'real food'. Our Health visitor had already told us when Nony was 4 months that she was ready for solids so from there we went for it.. just rice and after 5 days added some home made pear puree.. then every 4 or 5 days we tried a new mix with prune then banana then apple.

I've heard some people say that they can't be bothered making those little meals just to have their child take two tastes and not eat it. I was surprised at how well she ate and she continues to like just about everything too.. because she is used to sweet mummys milk I began her with fruits and then mixed apple with carrot and tried sweet potatoe with carrot, peas with pear etc and she eats it all. I expected her to just have little 'tastes' of food when we began but she had other ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment